Friday, December 9, 2011

Holiday in the Rockies

Tomorrow, December 10th, I'll be participating in the Steamboat Arts Council Holiday in the Rockies Arts and Crafts Show. This annual event has been a tradition in Steamboat Springs for over three decades. I remember making Christmas ornaments with a dear friend when our children were toddlers: planning and toiling away deep into the night finalizing our creations for the well attended community event. Neither my friend nor I made a great deal of money each December, but we obviously relished in participating with other community members in the creating and selling our wares.

As I prepare today for my last holiday show of this season, I feel the same way. Sharing my creations, my book, prints, and note cards, at a community event is not so much a significant money making endeavor, but an opportunity to share with new and old friends tangible evidence of my creative imaginings.

If you're in our beautiful part of the world, please stop by and wander through Library Hall and the Depot Baggage Room from 9-4 PM and enjoy the creative spirit of our community. Live music will be featured throughout the day.

No comments: