Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Women Writing the West Conference: Calling All Readers

If I were to distill my Women Writing the West Conference weekend in Seattle, Washington, I would say I know now more than ever that the world of authors is broken into two parts. The first part is the disciplined and quiet writing life fueled by an introvert. The second part is the necessary and evolving world of marketing requiring the skills of an extrovert.

Among the many wonderful conference panelists in attendance was Amy Weinstein, a member of Amazon’s Kindle team, who spoke to us about the opportunities of publishing e-books and marketing on Amazon. The ability for an author, particularly one who has published independently, to publish an e-book with relative ease certainly makes it easier to reach national reader audience.

Amy also suggested that writers who have books available through Amazon make effective use of their visibility by inviting readers to write reviews of their book. She said when consumers are shopping for books they depend heavily on reviewer information in deciding whether or not to purchase.

Now home, the introvert is back at the writing desk still wishing I had a marketing maven handling my book. But I don’t. So following Amy's lead, the extrovert would like to ask if any of you who have read my book would have a minute or two to write a review on Amazon I would appreciate your support. And I would encourage you, too, to write for other authors whom you’ve enjoyed.

The direct link to my book on amazon.com is: http://amzn.to/vQrm8y






I'd like to extend a big thank you to the hard-working WWW conference committee members for an outstanding 2011 conference. I appreciated meeting so many supportive and friendly WWW authors and book industry professionals. See you in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2012!

No comments: