Friday, April 9, 2010

Update: Measuring the Meadow's Snowpack

Even though the measurement of the snow in the meadow is two inches greater than my measurement on March 25th, it's good news. This last week we've had 18-20 inches of snowfall and between warmer ground temperatures, winds, and a storm that blew sideways for the better part of a day, the snow didn't stick around. I measured 24 inches today. And I found an additional sign of good news when I walked out across the yard to the meadow this morning: I noticed the brave emergence of hyacinth leaves in one of the south facing gardens and with it, my optimism rises.

For more information on my measurements, please read my blog posting on March 22nd where I explain the North Routt wives' tale about the arrival of spring here at the ranch.

No comments: