Friday, June 19, 2009

Exciting Times

With the summer season now in full swing, the Kurtz Ranch has a couple of exciting debuts to announce.


Andy Kurtz Horsemanship
Women’s Only Clinic

June 26-28, 2009

Andy will be conducting his first clinic of the season, a Women’s Only Clinic, on June 26th-28th. This three- day clinic will offer women a stimulating and safe learning environment tailored to their needs. Andy will include rider evaluations, round pen work, arena work, trail riding, individual problem solving, and an afternoon of trying one’s hand at cutting or cow horse work. Whether learning the nuances of groundwork or the intricacies of rein management, clinic participants will appreciate Andy’s wealth of experience and kind approach to people and horses. Please see the ranch website at http://www.kurtzranch.com/training.html for more information on Andy and his training experience and schedule.

Mary’s New Website

I’m excited to invite all my readers to my new website at http://www.marybkurtz.com/. There you’ll find links to my blog, excerpts from my manuscript, and additional photography of the beautiful landscape where we live. The link for my blog is called, “The Ranch Journal.” I will continue to write regularly here on my blog and hope you'll also continue to follow the comings and goings on the Kurtz Ranch.

On the new website, the link to my memoir, “At Home in the Elk River Valley,” will give readers an overview of my manuscript and provide links to a number of excerpts I hope you’ll enjoy reading. Of timely interest, I’d invite you to read the excerpt, “Lilies and Rhubarb.” This essay reflects on motherhood, loss, and hope. As I travel by four-wheeler to the old homestead garden of a pioneering family, I retrace a memorable spring ritual of collecting rhubarb with my daughter. At the homestead I am reminded of one of the daughters who grew up there and the tragedies she overcame in her life of eighty-six years. I am fortunate to learn from her life.

I’d love to hear how you like the new website. If you have comments or suggestions, please leave a comment after this posting or email me at: mbk@kurtzranch.com

I want to thank Kathryn Britton of Rocking RB Enterprises who worked very hard constructing and designing my new website. Besides being easy to work with, I think she created a beautiful site that’s easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. Please visit Kathryn at: http://www.rockingrbranch.com/ for more information about her and her husband, Randy, who offer horse training, horse evaluation, hay brokerage services, as well as Kathryn’s website, advertising, and marketing services.

No comments: